Monday, January 24, 2011

It Works: My Simple, Easy Diet for Bread Lovers

All I can say about my no-cook bread diet is that I am not overweight.

I am 38 years old and I am a size 8. (I also do yoga 4 days a week.)

I break all of the rules of dieting because following the rules makes me feel like I am starving. I never like to be hungry.

I eat bread. I love bread so, again this goes against most diet advice. If you are an Atkins diet fan, then move on because I can not help you. Or relate.

Be warned- I eat the same things over and over except for 3 nights a week. So if that sounds boring to you, than my diet will not help you.

Also, I do not cook ever so if you enjoy cooking than this is not for you.

My 4 kids all love the food. No problems there.

Also I eat breakfast, lunch and snack at the computer. I don't eat slow or pay attention to my food except at dinner.

Food is something that I need and something that keeps me going- I only relish it as an experience 3 nights a week. All the rest of my meals are purely functional.

All food is organic if I can obtain it that way.


My diet

Breakfast: A chocolate chip Cliff bar (see below)

Snack: 1 piece of local bakery whole wheat or spelt bread, plain

Lunch: 1/2 cup plain, organic oatmeal with milk and a small cup of orange juice (sometimes I put 1/2 T flax, wheatgerm or oat bran in my oatmeal)

Snack: 2 T. almonds

Still hungry? Another piece of plain bread

Dinners:
Monday: Fettuccine, steamed broccoli, strawberries and/or other berries, mixed green salad

Tuesday: Turkey sandwich on wheat bread (w/ spinach, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumbers), grapes, baby carrots

Wednesday: Spaghetti w/ marinara sauce, orange slices, peas, mixed green salad

Thursday, Friday, Saturday - go out to eat and order whatever I want at an affordable cafe or restaurant ( I try to avoid fast food, but sometimes my kids win. I also try to avoid large meat meals esp. ground beef.)

Sunday: Turkey mixed with various sauces, rice or quinoa, broccolli, mixed green salad

Sunday and Monday we have a family treat - it could be a cake, pie, brownies and ice-cream or something similar

When I feel like a treat on the other days I make myself hot chocolate: 1 c. 1% milk, 1 T. cocoa, 1 T. agave nectar (see below- this is the best non-sugar sweetener I have ever tasted!)

Let me know if you try my diet!





2 comments:

Semele RumbleSmith said...

If you don't cook, how do you make dinners? Or do you mean it's all boxes & jars, or it's pre-packaged like TV dinners?

jeneflower said...

Ya pretty much. I don't cook meaning that I don't get out a recipe book and make something. Everything I make is premade in a box or jar. I do boil noodles though so I guess that counts at cooking.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...