Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Create A Vision Board To Attract The Life You Want

The Complete Vision Board Kit: Using the Power of Intention and Visualization to Achieve Your DreamsIn the last few posts I have referred to my vision board. I thought I would elaborate a little more on that.

Most people think of vision boards as a place to put pictures of things that you want to own someday, for example; a large home, a sports car, etc. It is used as a way to get more material objects or to get rich.

However, the vision board doesn't have to be about materialism and money. My vision board contains pictures of things I would like to do, places I would like to visit and things I would like to accomplish. It also contains pictures of women I admire for various reasons. It could be their accomplishments, or how gracefully they have aged, the love they show in their smile, the health they radiate, or it could be their natural style and beauty.

I use magazines as a source for the pictures. If the picture inspires me I use it. You can use words or pictures, but I prefer pictures because they say more than words.

I am currently using poster-board, scissors and tape to create my board, but I think a bulletin board would be even better. This way it would be easy to add to or take off pictures if your goals have changed.

It is important to arrange the pictures in a way that is inspiring and really speaks to you. You need to be able to see your board every day, so it should be hung in your bedroom or bathroom. In the past I have tried to create a vision board on my computer- this way I had access to thousands of images from the Internet. However, I didn't find it effective because unless I brought it up to the screen. If I printed it out the images seemed dull and it was overall too small (not to mention that it used up a lot of ink). Bright, dynamic and large vision boards give more space for creativity and all sizes and shapes of photos.

Vision boards work because we get a clear picture of what we want and so we can call that forth in our actions, words and thoughts. As we do this, the reality manifests itself in our future. Most people go through life with only a vague idea of what they want and so they never get anywhere. As we focus our goals, learn all we can about them and concentrate our energies in this direction, we attract them to us.

1 comments:

Lauri said...

I love making vision boards and did this with the ladies in my self esteem group at the dv shelter

My vision board is older and I need to update it, I was thinking of getting a pretty cork board, so I can change it easily

Good reminder

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...